Not sure what he was walking himself into Ewan McGregor made his way into the room and was caught off guard by our applause. Smiling throughout the interview and often playing with his beard, he shared about his experience filming for his role as Christopher Robin as an adult in the new Disney movie “Christopher Robin”.
Of course someone asked “If Pooh was a Jedi knight, what kind of light saber would he have?” to which he laughed and then playfully asked for the next question. Not to worry though, when asked other questions he gladly answered, as you’ll be able to see from the bullet points below. It was great bring able to interview him!
Here is what Ewan McGregor had to say…
- Marc and Ewan made a film together back in 2003, called Stay, and stayed in touch but through this film we’ve become really good friends.
- When he read the script, Ewan felt like he knew him. “…I felt like it was just the right part for me to play at this point, in this time. And then felt like I absolutely knew what I wanted to do with him.”
Fun Fact: Ewan had read Pooh stories to his children
- Ewan thinks the film is about “…connection isn’t it, it’s about being available to each other and being there, being present.”
- This film will always be important to him because “…the atmosphere on the set was lovely…and then we got to hang out with Winnie the Pooh all day, so it was nice, yeah it felt good.”
Fun Fact: Ewan thinks it’s better to do stuff you’re slightly scared of than not.
- When asked if there were any pranks on set, he didn’t recall any and mentioned that he isn’t a prankster.
- Ewan loved saying the line “Silly Old Bear”, it was one of his favorite.
Want to know more about the Christopher Robin movie? You can check out my Christopher Robin World Premiere Recap and my interviews with Hayley Atwell (“Evelyn Robin”), Bronte Carmichael (“Madeline Robin”), Jim Cummings (voice of “Winnie the Pooh” & “Tigger”) and Director Marc Forster.
Don’t forget that Christopher Robin is in theaters on August 3rd.