Not only is Chris Pratt a good looking dude, he is also super funny, extremely nice and has a heart of gold. Although he is now a household name, that hasn’t gone to his head…instead he is using his fame to help others (which he discusses during our interview). I think Chris Pratt is pretty amazing, on screen and off and I love getting the chance to chat with him. Most recently for his role as Peter Quill in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2.
Here’s what Chris Pratt had to say…
- When Chris saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 for the first time, he felt relieved. “…I was so relieved when I saw it because I knew the script, that movie is exactly how the script read. And so, when I read the script, I knew it was good but there’s so much stuff that can happen between reading the script, and then watching the movie, you know? There’s so many moving parts, some of which I’m responsible for. So, I was like, [LAUGHS] please still be good. I was just relieved to see that the movie was as good as the script…”
- Chris Pratt was the first person James Gunn told the Vol 2 story too and Chris got very emotional hearing about it.
- James Gunn has already told some of Vol 3 to Chris Pratt.
- Channeling anger in scenes is difficult for Chris. “…as an actor, one of the hardest things for me to do, is channel anger, because I do it so rarely in my real life. Not saying that that’s healthy. Don’t really do it that often. And so, I think often times how we behave in the real world, that type of behavior’s really easy to do as an actor, for me at least, real natural stuff. But for me to like look someone in the eye and yell at ‘em, and tell them what they did to me, that they wronged me, that I’m pissed off, that type of thing is not something I do that often. So, it’s hard for me…James really helps me with that stuff…”
- Chris Pratt has always been a big fan of Kurt Russell, so when he met him he made sure to let him know. “…obviously he’s like this iconic dude, who I’ve known about him for decades before he ever knew I existed. And so, there’s always that strange moment when you meet someone and you’re a big fan, you won’t, you feel like you have to tell him, because otherwise [ALL LAUGH] you try to build a friendship and it’s a little inauthentic, you know? You just say, “Listen, I have to get this part out of the way, but I love you so much. [ALL LAUGH] Oh, you’re the best. You’re the best. You’ve always been the best.” And he goes, “Yeah, I know. Thanks.” [ALL LAUGH] And, all right, let’s get to it, you know?
- Of course, Chris Pratt improved lines while filming Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2. “James really knows my voice. And especially in the second movie, he has written the script in a way that sounds like stuff I would improv.” A few of those improv jokes made it into the film.
- ***Easter Egg Alert*** Chris Pratt has a “show” on Instagram called “what’s my snack”, where he shares his snack of the day. When asked what Peter Quill’s favorite snack is, he said “Peter Quill’s shirt in the movie, if you see that, that’s his favorite snack, because that’s actually a label from the first movie, there was some candy on the table and I think I’m eating some of the candy. I don’t know if they ever made it in the movie, but James really loved the label, the art department had gone the lengths of creating this language, and created a label for some candy. So, he put that label on the shirt. So, that’s like a snack that Peter Quill likes to eat…that’s probably his favorite snack.”
- When it comes to keeping up his physique, he shared that “if I’m gonna be fully authentic, I’m pretty careful about when I reveal myself to the public. So, and I do it in a way to make you think that I’ve kept it off the entire time, but I haven’t. [ALL LAUGH] You know? Seriously, like I kinda keep tight, close to what I need to be, but I have to live my life as well. So, when I do a shirtless scene, or I do a magazine cover, or I do a photoshoot that I know is gonna get a lot of press, I’m, I then dial it in so that I can take a good picture…So, don’t be hard on yourself if people can’t lose weight and they can’t keep it off.”
- Not only does he have a man crush on Russell Wilson, Chris also credits him for his desire to give back to the community. “. I think I saw how he did it, and I was like, this guy’s awesome. Like, he’s open about his faith…I saw how he did it, and what he did up at Seattle Children’s Hospital. And, I remember around the time that I was, got Guardians of the Galaxy. I remember thinking to myself, if this thing does what it could potentially do, and there’s a world where it would mean something for me to go do that, I’ll definitely do it, you know?…but I think if I credit Russell Wilson, he wouldn’t take the credit. He’d give the glory to God…
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 is in theaters May 5th!
Note: Disney provided me with an all-expenses paid press trip, in exchange for my coverage of the world premiere of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2. However, ALL opinions are my own.