My daughter knew something was up as soon as she saw me decorating the dinner table with the spring decorations, that I’d be making something special (different than what I normally make) for dinner along with a special dessert…She is one smart cookie!
Once I had the table decorated, I got to work on making the Taco Ring. The directions were easy enough to understand and I knew how it was supposed to turn out since I had eaten it before, even if it was about 6 years ago.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (8-ounce) cans of Great Value refrigerated crescent rolls
*I ended up using 1 can and a half of the refrigerated crescent rolls
Feel free to add various taco toppings and place them in the center of the ring (lettuce, tomato, salsa, sour cream and guacamole)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 12-inch pizza pan.
- In a large enough skillet cook the ground beef until it is fully cooked (no longer pink)
- Drain the meat once it is cooked and then put it back into the skillet.
- Stir in taco seasoning (follow package directions). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add cheese, stirring until it melts.
- Unroll crescent rolls. Place wide end of triangles in center of pizza pan, forming a ring, overlapping dough as necessary.
- Spoon meat & cheese into the center of each triangle.
- Bring smaller ends of triangles over meat, tucking ends under.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until rolls are golden. Serve warm.
My son (who is a picky eater) was hesitant about trying this (even though he Loves Tacos) but once he tried it, he LOVED it and even requested it for lunch he next day. What I liked about the Taco Ring was the fact that it can be an appetizer or a dinner and if you’re kids like Tacos and don;t like this, you already have all of the ingredients done.
Spring Chocolate-Dipped Cookie Sticks
- 1 package of Great Value refrigerated cookie dough (choose the type you like best…I’ll be going for Chocolate Chip)
- Chocolate candy melts
- Assorted Easter sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Shape the refrigerated dough into (2 1/2-inch-long) ropes and place them on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- While the cookies are cooling, microwave the chocolate melts in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Dip ends of cookies in melted chocolate
- Roll them in sprinkles.
- Place on wax paper, and let stand until firm.
Ok…I consider my dessert to be an epic fail on appearance but my husband and my kiddos tore them up! I think I somehow managed to mess up this recipe, so if you have done this before or try it and make I work, please let me know the right way to do it…LOL . Do I still get an “A” for effort?
Disclosure: I am participating in the Great Value campaign with The Motherhood. I have been compensated for my time. However, ALL opinions are my own.