Disclosure: This blog post about my Carne Con Papa Recipe is part of a paid SocialMoms and Carbonell blogging program
Cooking with oil is inevitable when preparing a Hispanic meal (like the Carne Con Papa Recipe I am sharing with you below), so I prefer to use Olive Oil instead. It’s a healthier alternative to make the foods my family and I enjoy eating.
For this Carne Con Papa Recipe, I’ll be using Carbonell Extra Virgin Olive Oil but they do have 3 varieties for you to choose from (You select the one that works for your intended use):
- Carbonell Extra Virgin Olive Oil: A rich taste and smooth flavor that will bring a wonderful Spanish flavor to salads, dips, marinades or when drizzled over finished dishes.
- Carbonell Extra Light Olive Oil: A light taste that’s perfect for high-heat cooking such as frying, sautéing, and even baking.
- Carbonell Classic Olive Oil: A traditional, mild flavor that’s an all-purpose cooking oil, adding a mild flavor to soups, sauces and grilled meats and vegetables.
Now onto making Carne Con Papa (Translation: Meat and Potatoes)
- ¼ cup Carbonelle Olive Oil
- 2 1/2 pounds beef beef for stew (already pre-cut)
- 1 cup Cooking Wine
- 4 large peeled potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ small white onion, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded & chopped
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 beef boullion cubes
- 1 packet of Sazon
- 2 tablespoons Complete Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Salt
- 1 tablespoon Lawry’s
Optional Items that make it extra delicious:
- 1 can of Carrots
- 1/2 can of Peas
- In a big skillet (I use a pressure cooker), heat the olive oil, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat.
*If you are using a crock pot, add the ingredients you heated in the skillet along with the rest of the ingredients inside of the crock pot and cook on the low setting for 6-8 hours.
- Add the meat and brown it (If you are adding chorizo, add it now)
- Add the tomato sauce and cooking wine and stir.
- Add in the potatoes, carrots and peas.
- Add enough water to cover meat and vegetables.
- Add the remaining spices (salt, pepper, oregano, cumin, boullion cubes, Sazon, Complete Seasoning, Garlic Salt & Lawry’s) and stir.
- Cook for 45 minutes (or until meat is tender)
I also used the Carbonell’s Olive Oil to prepare the following dishes for our meal…
*You add the Carbonell Classic Olive Oil and salt to the water
*Fry them in the Carbonell Classic Olive Oil
* Cut thinly and cover lightly with Carbonell Extra Virgin Olive Oil, garlic salt and a few drops of lemon
The meal was delicious…this Carne Con Papa Recipe is always a hit in our home!
Want more tasty recipes using Carbonell olive oil? Head on over to www.CarbonellUSA.com to learn more about Carbonell and find unique recipes!
Disclosure: This blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms and Carbonell blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. To read more posts on this topic, click here.