Brittle & Bark Mold comes in handy when you want to make some Holiday treats that are yummy and easy to do. I received one from the Sweet Creations by Good Cook Line and I was eager to try it out, so while I was on a roll doing some baking in the kitchen I decided to give it a shot and I was quite impressed with the outcome. The back of the Brittle & Bark Mold had a recipe for Peppermint Bark so I decided to try it out but with a twist! I didn’t have white chocolate morsels or peppermint so I left that out the white chocolate and then I decided to add a twist, instead of using peppermint, I did some with crushed candy canes and some with red and green M&M’s and it rocked!
Peppermint Bark Recipe with a Twist
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
- 2 tsp of vegetable oil
- Crushed candy canes (I used 1 and it was enough for about for half of the mold)
- Crushed M & M’s (as many as you’d like)
- Brittle & Bark Mold
- Place semi-sweet chocolate morsels in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high at 30 second intervals but be sure to stir between intervals and continue to do so until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add 1 tsp of vegetable oil to the chocolate and stir
- Pour melted chocolate into the mold
- Place white chocolate morsels in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high at 15 second intervals but be sure to stir between intervals and continue to do so until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add 1 tsp of vegetable oil to the white chocolate and stir
- Pour melted white chocolate over the chocolate in the mold
- Swirl chocolates together to create a marbled effect by using the end of a spoon or fork
- Sprinkle with crushed peppermint, candy cane, M&M’s or whatever other topping you want to try
- Put in the freezer to set
- Once it has been there a while, you can peel back the mold and break along the marked lines.
Once it was all done and ready to eat,I put them on some festive parchment paper and served it up to my hubby and kiddos
I also packed up a few in holiday treat envelopes to hand out to my family and friends.
**You should also check out the the Sweet Creations Promotion that is now running on www.Facebook.com/GoodCook and www.Pinterest.com/AskGoodCook through January 2nd, 2013
Disclosure: I was provided a some of the Sweet Creations by Good Cook Line products in order to facilitate my review. No other form of compensation was received and ALL opinions are my own.