I love salsa! I will actually go to a Mexican Restaurant more for the chips and salsa than the actual meal. Not only is salsa good to eat, they are also easy to prepare!
Yummy and easy are definitely 2 things that make a recipe appealing to me, especially when I am preparing a lot of food and don’t need additional frustration. Am I right?
While I have had Black Bean Dip/Salsa in the past, I wanted to shake things up a bit so I added Poppy Seed Dressing. I’m not even sure I have ever eaten Poppy Seeds before this but the Naturally Fresh Poppy Seed Dressing popped out at me while shopping (yes, pun intended) and I had to give it a try (I am so glad I did!).
Black Bean Salsa with Poppy Seeds Recipe
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 can of whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and cut into squares
- 1/2 of a small onion, diced
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons Naturally Fresh Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Cover and chill overnight.
My daughter and I prepared this together and we both loved it! I had to ask her to stop eating it like a meal because at one point she dropped the tortilla chips and reached for a spoon. when she did that, it reminded me that this can also be served on top of grilled chicken…yep, I am going to have to give that a try!
I hope you enjoy this Black Bean Salsa with Poppy Seeds…let me know how it turns out for you!
Want to save this post for later? Click on the photo below to add it to your Pinterest…