Thank you to Perdue Farms for sponsoring this Arroz Imperial Recipe. As always, all opinions are my own. Links included in this post are affiliates, meaning I earn a small commission if you use them to make a purchase.
I love Arroz imperial (Imperial Rice)! It is seriously so good, but I am not surprised given that it combines rice, shredded chicken and melted cheese. How could combining all that yummy goodness in one dish not be delicious? It was love at first bite for my family and I which is why they are always asking me to make it. Given our love for it, I wanted to share this Arroz Imperial recipe with you all. You guys, it is so good!!!!
- 2-3 lbs. PERDUE ® Harvestland ® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenderloins (I use 1 package per person)
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. Goya Sofrito - Tomato cooking base
- 2 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 7 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3 small cans of tomato sauce (24 ounces)
- 2 tbsp. Complete Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 3-4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 packets “Sazon Goya” seasoning packets
- 2 tsp. “Amarillo Yellow Coloring” seasoning
- Pimento peppers (for garnish)
- Remove chicken from packaging, rinse and place in the pressure cooker with enough water to cover the chicken. Add 1 tbsp. of Complete Seasoning, 1 packet of Sazon and salt and pepper (to taste). Cook for 45 minutes.
- Once the chicken is done, remove the chicken and keep the broth (you'll be using it to make your rice). After the chicken has cooled a bit, shred the chicken using a fork and set aside.
- Begin cooking the rice so that it is cooking while you finish preparing the chicken. Wash the rice and add 8 cups of the chicken broth water to the rice, stir. Add chicken bouillon and your yellow food coloring (which will give it its color). I use a rice cooker, so if you do the same just set it to cook. If you are preparing it on the stove, bring rice to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes, until the rice is cooked.
- In a sauce pan, saute the minced garlic and sofrito. Then add the can of tomato sauce. Mix and add the chicken reduce to medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes. Set aside the chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Once the rice is done, let it cool for a bit. Once the temperature has gone down begin to mix in the mayo one tablespoon at a time. Make sure it is mixed well.
- Spread half of the rice into a square, oven safe 9 x 13 inch pan. Add a layer using the chicken (placing it over the rice. Add another layer by using the remainging rice on top of the chicken. Add the final layer by using the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and is light brown.
- Add pimento peppers for garnish.
- Serve and enjoy.
Looking for more ways to make your family meals easier? if so, check out Perdue Farms to stock up on your favorites. They’re celebrating the launch of their direct to consumer site with a special deal: Get 10% Off your order and get FREE Diced Chicken! Plus, all orders over $119 ship for FREE within the Continental United States! Click here to take advantage of this deal.
I received the Family Bundle (Medium) and it comes with PERDUE® Harvestland Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenderloins, PERDUE® Panko-Breaded Dino Nuggets, COLEMAN NATURAL® Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon, Niman Ranch Bacon-Wrapped Pork Chops With Rosemary and Niman Ranch Uncured Pork Breakfast Sausage.
Want to save this post for later? Click on the photo below to add it to your Pinterest…