If you love animals and would like to know about what goes on “backstage” with the animals, consider taking the Backstage Tales Tour at Animal Kingdom. I got to do this bright and early while on my Monkey Kingdom Press Trip.
While on the Backstage Tales Tour, you get to
- Explore backstage animal-housing areas. We saw a Black Rhino & Komoto Dragon during our tour.
- Visit the Animal Nutrition Center and see how over 4 tons of food are prepared and distributed each day. We saw frozen mice in various sizes!
- Tour the state-of-the-art veterinary hospital, where you may even witness animals being treated. I believe they don’t treat Animals on Wednesdays, so if you’d like to increase your chances of seeing one, don’t schedule your tour for that day.
- Stop by the Animal Programs Administration building and learn how Disney promotes global wildlife conservation and animal well-being.
I loved being able to feed the birds meal worms at the bird aviary, even though I had no idea the worms would be alive and I screamed as I threw the worms in their direction.
Here I am trying on the helmet used for working with whooping cranes…
I also thought it was cool that if you have questions about the animals, there is an “expert” there to answer your questions.
Plus, a portion of the Backstage Tales Tour proceeds gets donated to the Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund.
- Looking for more Animal Kingdom Adventures? Check out my Wild Trek Africa Experience Post
- Are you going with kids? Check out my post about Disney’s Animal Kingdom Wilderness Explorers Program – it’s a FREE program your kiddos will enjoy!
Monkey Kingdom is now in theaters! Want to know more about Monkey Kingdom, check out my post: 8 Fun Facts About Disneynature’s Monkey Kingdom
** For every ticket purchased during opening week (through 4/23), a donation will be made to Conservation International.