I have received information about the TYLENOL® SMILING IT FORWARD™ program from McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc., the makers of TYLENOL®. The opinions stated are my own. This is a sponsored post for Latina Bloggers Connect.
When your child is sick, seeing that smile once they are feeling better is one of the best smiles ever because you know they are o.k. I had the pleasure of sitting down over brunch and chatting with Dr. Aliza Aliza Lifshitz M.D. (renowned physician and founder and Editor-in-Chief of vidaysalud.com and latinahealthletter.com) at the TYLENOL® SMILING IT FORWARD™ Sobremesa event.
Not only did we get to enjoy a delicious meal but we were also able to get a few tips for keeping your child smiling through cold & flu season and year-round. Here’s some of what I learned from Dr. Aliza:
- If your child has a fever and you choose not to take them to the pediatrician right away, be sure you do so if a fever lasts for more than 3 days.
- When your child has a fever keep them hydrated and lightly clothed.
- My children often get a fever at night which drives me crazy because that means I can’t sleep…I need to know that they are ok. Well apparently we start to feel sick at night because of the rhythm of our body.
- If you consume too much Vitamin C, it can lead to kidney stones.
- Trying to get your kiddos to eat better? Are they picky eaters? Try disguising their food or blending up vegetables and putting them into your pasta sauce.
- Honey can help with a cough but it should not be given to kiddos under a year old.
- When it comes to using soap, no need to get an anti- bacterial. Not only do you not need it but it also causes you create resisting bacteria.
Dedicated to the health of families across the country, the makers of TYLENOL® started the SMILING IT FORWARD™ program in 2013 to help bring children in need the healthcare they deserve. TYLENOL® noticed that moms have always posted cute photos of their child’s adorable smiles, but also noticed that one smile in particular was being shared – the “feel better” smile that moms are waiting with baited breath to see when their child is starting to feel better after being sick. That’s what inspired the TYLENOL® team to create the SMILING IT FORWARD™ program.
Between June 23, 2014 and November 30, 2014, McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division of McNEIL-PPC, Inc., the makers of TYLENOL® is inviting anyone 18 and older to upload a “smile” photo on the TYLENOL® Facebook page. Each approved “smile” will trigger a $1 donation from TYLENOL® to Children’s Health Fund, with a minimum donation of $75,000 and a maximum donation of $100,000. Review Terms and Conditions for complete program details. For information about Children’s Health Fund, visit www.childrenshealthfund.org.
While you’re on the SmilingItForward.com website, moms can also view the smiles that have been shared, learn more about Children’s Health Fund, and receive tips from a leading pediatrician about keeping families smiling through various moments and milestones. Don’t forget to visit TYLENOL for more information as well!