Sports, Sport, Sports! No matter what time of the year, there is always a sport in season. What’s funny is that even if families aren’t watching a sport on TV, they are probably participating in them in one way or another.
Our children participating in sports involves some preparation on our part. So here are 6 ways to prepare for your child playing sports:
- Talk to your child and see what their interests are. You want to be sure they like it before committing them to it.
- Do some research and find out what it entails. You should be sure that it fits your lifestyle and that your child (and your family) can commit to it.
- Get them registered. Do that sooner than later so that it doesn’t fill up and so that you have time to get everything you need for it.
- Buy their supplies and uniforms.
- Add practices and games to the calendar. You want to make sure you get them on your calendar so that you don’t schedule to 2 things accidentally. Remember, you’ve made a commitment.
- Get their physicals done. Even if your sport doesn’t require it, it’s important to make sure your little ones are healthy & safe to participate.
Saving Money, Time & Sanity Tips
- Shop around for pricing before signing them up. A quick online search may just save you some money.
- Check and see if there are used equipment and uniforms available BUT verify that they are in excellent condition.
- Check out MinuteClinic for the sports physicals. They are only $39 for a limited time (which $20 off). For more information, visit, http://bit.ly/1jhHjF5.
Note: This Post was sponsored by Minute Clinic. However, all opinions are my own.