Are you and your family ready for The Angry Birds Movie 2? We were! Thankfully we were able to screen it a couple of weeks ago at a pre-screening of the film. When we last saw Angry Birds, Red had helped save the eggs from being eaten by the Pigs and because of his help all was right in their world. Now a local hero, things were finally looking up for him and he was finally a part of the community. Thankfully, we don’t have to wonder what happens after their triumph because in Angry Birds Movie 2, we pick up where we left off. While I could tell you more about the story, I’ll let you enjoy watching their story unfold in the movie because who wants to read spoilers? (not me). Plus, you can check out the official synopsis and the trailer below for more information.
What I will shares is that my entire family really enjoyed it. Not only will your kiddos laugh (and so will you) but there are a few things they can learn from the film as well.
3 Things Your Child can learn from The Angry Birds Movie 2
- Your worth is not found in others or by what you can do for others.
- People with differences can come together for a common purpose.
- We are stronger together
So what I love about this movie? There are a few things…
- With the introduction of a new character, Silver voiced by Rachel Bloom, we get to see a female character step up to help save the day using her mind.
- The soundtrack for this movie is so good! Every time a song came on, I smiled.
- That they were able to incorporate a second story line (like the squirrel trying to get the acorn in the Ice Age films) that was entertaining to watch. I like that they were also able to incorporate their story with the main plot of the film.
If I had to choose one thing I wasn’t happy about was that one of the younger birds used the word “Cr*p” and while it was said in a cute and funny way (if that is even possible), I felt that it was unnecessary, especially when this movie is made for families to enjoy.
All in all, Angry Birds the Movie 2 was a fun movie we all enjoyed!
We had the opportunity to enjoy some Angry Birds fun at Jungle Island a few weeks ago! We were able to meets some of the characters and see some beautiful birds! You can check out this quick video of our time there.
The Angry Birds Movie 2 is officially in theaters!
The flightless angry birds and the scheming green piggies take their beef to the next level in The Angry Birds Movie 2! When a new threat emerges that puts both Bird and Pig Island in danger, Red (Jason Sudeikis), Chuck (Josh Gad), Bomb (Danny McBride), and Mighty Eagle (Peter Dinklage) recruit Chuck’s sister Silver (Rachel Bloom) and team up with pigs Leonard (Bill Hader), his assistant Courtney (Awkwafina), and techpig Garry (Sterling K. Brown) to forge an unsteady truce and form an unlikely superteam to save their homes.
For more Movie Reviews, click here.