After keeping my Ant-Man set visit a secret for so long, I am so glad that I have been able to share everything you this week! It has been fun giving you the inside scoop while allowing me to reminisce about that really cool experience.
While I do have some fun Ant-Man costume fun facts to share with you, I really want to show you some pictures I took after chatting with the costume designers.
That is me wearing Paul Rudd’s Ant-Man Helmet…The exact same one he wore while filming the movie. I was geeking out! Especially because I was the 6th person to wear the helmet. Yep, only 5 other people wore that helmet before me (again, one of which being Paul Rudd).
Here’s an action shot…I couldn’t resist! Can you blame me?
Thanks for letting me share that with you. Now onto the Exclusive Ant-Man Costume Designers Interview.
Typically their team consists of 23 costume designers but at one point, they had 50. We got to chat with 2 of them, Ivo Coveney & Sammy Sheldon, and they shared a lot of information.
Here are 10 Fun Facts about the Ant-Man costumes:
- They were given a concept drawing and then they had to make it…All costumes were made from scratch.
- Being that Peyton is a fan boy, he wanted specific things.
- A lot of thought went into each element…the elements of the costume were made based on the stunt being performed with it.
- They had 1 main Ant-Man costume but there were a total of 13 suits (some of which are made for beautiful or action scenes)
- There was a total of 17 helmets made and used depending on the demand of the stunt.
- There are 8 pairs of gloves
- There are 54 pieces in each helmet and over 50 pieces were used to create the belt.
- The eyes of the helmet have a multi-layer fabric to create the look of ant eyes.
- It took 7 months of prep to create the costume. All suits are wired to light up.
- They used a 3D printer to create the sample helmet pieces before sending to get casted.
Being that the suit was custom made for Paul Rudd and that there are so many pieces on the helmet, I needed assistance getting it on. I can’t imagine how Paul Rudd felt after wearing that for so many hours
It was super cool learning so much about the Ant-man costumes!
*Have you checked out my exclusive Ant-Man Set Visit Interviews with Paul Rudd, Peyton Reed, Judy Greer and Abby Fortson?
Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, master thief Scott Lang must embrace his inner hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.
Ant-Man will be in theaters on July 17th!
Stay social with Ant-Man:
- Like ANT-MAN on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/antman
- Follow ANT-MAN on Twitter: https://twitter.com/antman
- Visit the official ANT-MAN site: http://marvel.com/antman